Sunday, January 13, 2013

Holiday Recap

I know it is mid January and I'm just barely posting about Christmas.  I could try to come up with an excuse but honestly I just haven't done it, I've thought about it but no action has come of it until now. We had a great Christmas that included lots of family and food. I feel like every time our families get together I post that we had lots of family and food, well what can I say we like to eat and eat together.  Our Christmas started out with the Limb family party at my mom's house.

We had to leave early to get to Andrew's company Christmas party. We ate more food and more food. (Lets just say that we had to get back on track after the holidays!) 
We also have the first Kaiser Christmas party this year. We did lots of different games and again ate lots of food. I didn't take my camera but my brother-in-law made this video of our white elephant gift exchange. 
Then we went to Randolph for Christmas eve. We opened our gifts from my parents, my mom made all of the girls in the family christmas aprons. We were all so excited, we love to cook together so it will be fun to have matching aprons. 

We went and saw Santa Claus, watched movies, had dinner then headed back to Kemmerer so we could spend Christmas morning at our house. We were spoiled this year. 
                                     
After we had breakfast watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and just relaxed we headed down to Paul and Laurie's for Christmas dinner. 
Fast forward to the first weekend in January. I took Andrew to Logan for the weekend to celebrate his birthday (because he would be working on his birthday). We wanted to go to the temple but Logan was closed so we got the privilege of going to Brigham City it is honestly so beautiful! We then checked in to the Anniversary Inn and headed to Golden Corral (Andrew's Fav) to go get some dinner. We stayed in Rich's Drive Inn, it was such a blast. The bed was in the back of the truck with a overhead projector for the TV. It was wonderful! 


Yesterday was Andrew's 27th birthday. He had to work so I stayed home and did the normal routine of cleaning up the house. Then I made dinner steak, shrimp, mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy with corn (Andrew's choice) then I made him a cake. I've never made a double layered cake so I thought I would give it a try. Here is the finished product. 

Happy Birthday My Love! I hope that you know how much I love you and how extremely grateful I am for everything you do for me! I look forward to many more birthdays to come. 
We had a great holiday season and we hope all of you did as well! 

No comments: