Friday, January 27, 2012
Our Road to a Family!!!
As I'm sure many of you know Andrew and I have had a hard time trying to have kids. We of course didn't think that we would have a hard time at all so we waited until I was close to done with school. Well I went off BC in July of 2009 right after I graduated with my LPN. Then we kept trying for a few months until I got accepted into the RN program at Weber. So I went back on BC for 2 months until January of 2010. That is when I went into the Dr. and I was diagnosed with PCOS, poly cystic ovarian syndrome. The Dr. said that it would not be impossible for us to get pregnant it would just be harder. So he put me on a fertility medication called Clomid and I was on this for almost a year. I was taking the highest dose that you can take of that drug, and I mean to tell you I was a crazy woman. I don't know if I've ever felt less like myself during those months than I ever have so needless to say I went off of the fertility medication. Andrew and I decided that we needed to take a break and just have fun and relax, ya know enjoy life. So we did, we even booked a cruise to the Carribean for August 2011. Well a few months later in March I was 5 days late for my period which was kind of not normal and kind of normal, because I never really had a regular period but then I was put on Metformin and I started having regular periods, so my mom and Andrew convinced me to take a test. I really didn't want to because I had seen so many negative tests that I just knew it was going to be negative and my body was just being weird like it always is. So I took a test and I couldn't look I just didn't even want to but I did and it said Pregnant. So I about passed out and drank like 3 more cups of water and took another one and it said Pregnant as well. I was so excited I was crying and jumping up and down and just couldn't wait to tell Andrew. So then we started the journey of pregnancy until I woke up one morning with excruitating cramps and I was bleeding. I had just started training for a job in the clinic, where I work now, I knew I couldn't call in sick on one of my firsts days of training so I went into work and I pulled one of the more seasoned nurses aside and told her what was going on and she immediately got a Dr. and he sent me for an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat which there should have been at 10 weeks so I went home and ended up having a miscarriage. That was a really hard piece of news to swallow, we were just so devastated that we had tried for over a year and finally got pregnant and then we lost the baby, but held our heads high and took it as a blessing that we at least knew that we COULD get pregnant. I went to the Dr. and he told us we could start trying again in 3 months so we waited and we started trying again 3 months later. It has now been almost a year since we got pregnant and we still aren't pregnant again. So we looked into the AI, Invitro and adoption, we weighed the risks of all of them and decided the best option for US was to adopt. We knew we wanted to adopt since our 2nd date, we just didn't know when the right time would be. But after a lot of prayer, fasting and going to the temple we are going through with Adoption. We are in the middle of the application. We have our home study set for the middle of Feb. and then we will hopefully find out if we are approved by the end of March first of April. Then we could have a baby anytime after that. We are so excited to begin our family with adoption. We know that there is a little baby that was sent here for us to raise here on this earth. We feel so blessed to have this opportunity. I will try and keep everyone updated on how everything is going. Feel free to ask any questions!! We are blessed to have such great family, friends and community here to support us through this decision! Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Stephanie & Andrew,
I am so happy for you with your choice of adoption and I will be here if you need anything!!! Thank you for your amazing story. I'm sorry about your miscarriage. The Lord really does watch over us and protects us! Thank you for your example. :)
Carissa
First off I can say I wish I could have seen the 'crazy woman' on clomed because you are one of the strongest women I have ever met. I know your struggle is hard and I think about you every day hoping that I get a phone call saying that your getting your baby! Josh and I are so excited for you and Andrew and I can't wait for you to start your family! Much Love! Cami
We are so excited for you guys! I know it has been a hard process, and we keep you guys in our prayers hoping that the rest of the waiting will be kept short, but you guys are so strong and are such a great example to us! We love you and Hudson keeps asking for Aunt Seph haha :)
Post a Comment